Condense Mail Headers

Date:
Mon, 4 May 2009 23:27:48 -0400
From:
Diana Cassar-Uhl <[log in to unmask]>
7bit
Sender:
Hello!

I have one of those babies who will only nurse lying down!  She is my
3rd, and I'm definitely an "experienced" breastfeeding mom.  She did
have some reflux, we are an allergic family, so yes, there were those
issues, but Gabriella wanted to nurse lying down from day one.  I can
count on one hand the number of times we've breastfed from a seated
position, and those haven't been "good nursings" by any standards.

I got very worked up about this in the early weeks, until my very good
friend from La Leche League suggested "maybe she wants you to lie down
with her because she knows it's the only time you ever do."  This was
such a wonderful realization for me, that I didn't have to "diagnose"
or "fix" anything, I just needed to enjoy some cozy time with my baby!

She's 17 months old today (5/5) and we still have the futon set up as
a bed in our living room -- we retreat there several times a day and I
am so thankful for sweet Gabriella who makes me take a few minutes to
slow down!

--Diana in NY