From:
Renee Beebe <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 3 Jul 2009 19:36:56 -0400
Here in Seattle, we have several sympathetic drs who will write RX's for
domperidone and there are quite a few compounding pharmacies who will fill
it.  My local pharmacy told me when I asked him if he had domperidone (he
knew I was an LC).  "yes, just don't tell me what's it's for."  many pharmacists
will not fill it if it's from a ped.--maybe because it's obvious it's for lact.?  It's
my understanding that it's still available and legal in the US "for compassionate
use"  if someone can't tolerate Reglan for nausea etc.  is that true?  Anyway,
my clients usually get it from New Zealand via a simple phone call with an 800
#.  it usually arrives in a week to 10 days.  no RX is required, it's very
inexpensive and i have heard of no trouble with the law.  It's also my
understanding that it went to generic so quickly, that the drug company
couldn't afford the approval process.  I have no idea where i heard this, so
can't vouch for the validity, but it makes sense...

Best,

Renee