From:
donna cohen <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 13 Mar 2009 14:03:29 -0700
I am a determined and dedicated LC student looking for a mentor. I
decided to begin my studies after I almost failed breastfeeding my son
because of a really bad experience with a LC, and finally was
successful because of an amazing LC who taught me, simply, how to feed
my baby.
The IBLCE has recently changed their pathways in which one can receive
certification. The new pathway 3 includes education in human lactation
and breastfeeding, which I have almost completed. The next requirement
is 500 hours of directly supervised clinical experience. I am now
looking for an IBCLC who has been recertified at least once to be my
mentor. The following is what will be expected:

1. Observation of the plan mentors at work, which may not be counted
toward the minimum requirement of 500 directly supervised clinical
practice hours

2. Clinical practice, i.e. working directly with breastfeeding mothers
and babies, under the mentor’s direct observation and supervision—the
mentor must be present for this phase

3. Independent clinical practice with the mentor available and able to
assist if needed

I am open to the option of having more than one mentor so the hours
can be split.
I live in the San Fernando Valley of Los Angeles, CA. If you are
interested or know anyone who is interested please email me at
I appreciate your help.

Donna