From:
Ilene Fabisch <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sat, 7 Mar 2009 06:30:41 -0500
So now I've had some time to read through codes and web pages.  I
have to also
say I see a big difference in the Medela webpages and the Ameda
webpages.  Medela
is a much better advertiser of their product! The main difference
I'm seeing is that Medela seems to glorify pumping and the pumping
experience.
The "freestyle mom of the month" stories are awful (to put it mildly).
Is that what is making them non code compliant specifically?  Thank
you for
this discussion and for remaining respectful to the different
knowledge levels concerning
compliance.  I have always focused on the more technical aspect of
helping moms and not
on legislative or compliance issues...it is not my strong suit but
I'm beginning to understand.

Ilene Fabisch, IBCLC / RLC
Clinical Director of Mothers' Milk Bank of New England
Gentle Beginnings Lactation Assistance