From:
Dawn Kersula <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 18 Dec 2008 13:09:12 -0500
It's good to work one-on-one with someone for support because we on Lactnet
often suppose that "the usual" has already been thought about and explored.
Since we are a group of experts or working on becoming experts, the
foundation of good science is often a presupposition before we launch into
our detective work (which I agree with Kathy Auerbach is often what we do!).
But it's a lot like being a nurse: when you want to know how someone is
doing, often you go back to vital signs first. We can't check vital signs
over the net. And we are often discussing zebras even though we know you
have to look at the horses first - we assume the horses are okay. (If you
are reading this and English is not your first language - the saying in
English means that you look first for the simple answer!)
Dawn Kersula in Vermont - who has been Lactnetting since there were about
ten of us and supposes she can speak for "us"!!