From:
Susan Burger <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 15 Jan 2009 20:33:57 -0500
Dear all:

Amid our serious discussions of infant feeding in emergencies, the challenges for working
women when they are forced into bondage with their pumps (I'm being tongue in cheek
here), the ins and outs of growth charts (which are always given far more importance as
being good or bad than they deserve), and why I could never ask Jennifer Tow for what
my left-brain wants -- a flow chart of herbs so I wouldn't muck it all up --- for all the
reasons she articulated in her last post.

..... I thought I'd add a little trivial fluff.

My son was reading the menu from a Mexican restaurant and he knows enough Spanish
from the mix of many languages spoken at his school that he spotted queso, but really
wanted not an enchilada with queso but a quesadilla.  Then he couldn't quite figure out
the pronunciation of Chihuahua from the spelling --- whereupon I showed him the even
harder Oaxaca (which is an exception my assumption that Spanish is always much easier
to read and pronounce than any other language I've ever attempted to learn or did learn).
So, he thought Chihuahua cheese meant that they milked chihuahua dogs to get the milk
to make cheese.  We've  been speculating on how many chihuahuas would it take to
make a glass of milk, a slice of cheese etc.  It may become his version of a light bulb
joke.  Anyway, he thinks you could milk three chihuahuas and get enough to drink in a
juice glass.  So, my nonsensical trivia question for the day is whether chihuahua milk is
closer to human milk than cow's milk?

Best, Susan
PS.  Don't know the answer to the trivia question myself.