Condense Mail Headers

Sender:
Date:
Sun, 18 Jan 2009 08:05:32 -0500
7bit
From:
Elizabeth Brooks <[log in to unmask]>
Comments:
cc: Cathy Carothers <[log in to unmask]>
Heather and others -- like a lot of goodies from the federal government,
these materials are buried on a very dense government website.  To add to
the confusion, somehow when my original post appeared in my Lactnet Digest,
there were all sorts of letters and symbols appended to the links.  Heaven
only knows where the Cyber Genies would send you.

The Business Case for Breastfeeding is a publication (actually, a series of
smaller publications, lumped into a bookshelf-sized box) that describes
(evidence-based; IBCLC-specific) what employers, mothers and the community
need to know to start lactation support programs, and to keep them running.

Once you get to the HRSA site (www.HRSA.gov <http://www.hrsa.gov/>), go to
their search box in the upper right hand corner, and type in -- complete
with the quotes -- "Business Case for Breastfeeding".  That will bring you
to the publication itself, and you can surf from there.

I also encourage you to please, please contact Cathy Carothers directly.
She WANTS to help you, and this program, continue their march of BF support
that is embraced by teh community. She is listed at the bottom of the press
release; her e-mail is [log in to unmask]  This project has been her
"baby" for several years.  I have the extreme professional joy of serving
with her on the ILCA Board of Directors, and I cannot say enough good things
about Cathy.

--
Liz Brooks JD IBCLC
Wyndmoor, PA, USA