From:
Janice Reynolds <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 9 Jan 2009 10:47:12 -0600
I did not post the item with any political intention.

At this point in time my participation in Lactnet and in breastfeeding
advocacy is often limited to skimming Google News Alerts for items related
to breastfeeding, and Canada, since I also run an internet list called
"Breastfeeding Canada News" that keeps Canadians updated.

This article caught my eye since it is from a Canadian newspaper.  I posted
it to Lactnet since the topic (breastfeeding in a crisis) was being
discussed.

When I post items from mainstream media, it is so that lactation
professionals are aware of what their clients, colleagues and the general
public may be reading, so that they can be prepared to respond to these
issues if they are asked about them.

When I passed along this item to my Canadian list, I also was able to
include links to the articles that Magda and Karleen provided - thanks.

I was not meaning to condone, contradict or comment on the content of the
article, or the issue at hand - that is beyond my experience or knowledge of
either lactation or politics.  That is why I only posted the link and an
excerpt.

I apologize for not including this explanation or disclaimer with my posts.

Sincerely
Janice Reynolds