From:
Jeanette Panchula <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 9 Mar 2009 09:04:53 -0700
Let us not forget that one way to deal with those who are not Code compliant
is to find those that are - and vote with our feet!

Whenever an organization asks me what pumps work best, I of course state
"the baby" then "the mother" (Dr. Jane Morton has an excellent presentation
she just gave in California describing the great effectiveness of mom's hand
expression EVEN when using the most expensive breast pump - they almost
doubled the milk removal by teaching moms hand expression - and yes, I know
that therefore the pump might not be necessary at all - but this is one way
to have moms SEE that it works!).

However, there are mothers and situations that do require the use of a pump
- and now we have various, including Ameda (http://www.ameda.com/) and
Hygeia (http://www.hygeiababy.com/) that ARE code compliant AND effective
pumps. (I have no financial interest in either one).

Jeanette Panchula

Just like I vote with my feet and buy products that are NOT by Nestle
whenever I have a choice - this is what we can do, too.