From:
James Fischer <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 21 Nov 2008 17:19:03 -0500
Brian said:

> There are several dissident voices who point
> out a lack of scientific backing even on small cell.

Again, only to set the record straight...

When merely suggesting the validity of science is
considered "dissident" by a group, can there be
any doubt about how far they have been led astray?

> The Jennifer Berry paper on small cell got a pretty
> good discussion this past summer equally represented.

Well, there was the attempted creation of the new &
entertaining theory of "Mite Leveling" to explain
why Jen's spring data showed "no difference" between
small cell hives and controls, but even that stillborn
concept could not explain her full final data set, which
showed the small cell colonies had a statistically
significant difference of MORE mites per 100 brood
cells than the controls.

So, they attacked her personally and attacked
her methods.  She was more bemused than dismayed
at the more vicious comments.  Most of the offensive
posts was deleted, but as I recall, not all were.