Date:
Fri, 19 Sep 2008 12:13:48 EDT

Margo writes:

So the short  of all that is, yes, it's been heard of although my sister is
the only person  I know personally who's had no milk early post partum and then
out of the blue  had it come in three weeks after the birth!

~~Margo,

I had a client, very similar. Mom without significant breast changes
prebirth, slight hair presence, subclinical PCOS?, we thought. Home birth,  healthy,
active baby, no milk transfer, not able to pump more than drops. Baby  needed
food, mom kept putting baby to breast while baby lost more and more  weight.
MD and I encouraged mom to feed the baby and she finally did. She was
devastated, but kept putting baby to breast without milk transfer, SNS worked  but she
didn't like it, supplemented with slow flow artificial nipple, trying to
keep baby's skills actively in use. Her mom came to visit, she rested, she
relaxed and I think her hormones shifted, and milk came in fine and baby
exclusively at breast by 3-4 weeks.

Life is an amazing wonder...

Peace,
Judy