From:
Morgan Gallagher <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sun, 17 Aug 2008 20:22:25 +0100
But it does fit in with that, perfectly!

It's not the super end of anything, we have to concerned about, with
lack of breastfeeding.

If you have super genes, great family support, and a fantastic home
background, who cares that you might have won your Olympic medal in 3.6
seconds faster.

It's when you don't have great genes, and your home background was
rough, and you're trying to get out of poverty and lack of
self-esteem... that's when lack of breastfeeding is the vital,
life-changing deal.

The grade from a 'D' to a 'C' is a life changing big deal, for most of
our kids.  The difference between 'pass' and 'fail'.

That's when breastfeeding is truly important.  And when the difference
is between asthma that is controlled, and asthma that stops you getting
out of school employable.

The difference between knowing you are at the bottom of the heap, and
nothing will change that, and knowing you are the bottom of the heap,
but dammit, you matter, and you will get out.

That's where breastfeeding matters - when by being breastfeed, you're
not in the graveyard before your Mum is.

Morgan Gallagher