From:
Chris Slade <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 16 Oct 2008 08:25:10 EDT

In a message dated 16/10/2008 12:53:10 GMT Standard Time,  [log in to unmask]
writes:

I feel  sorry for the home owners and was wondering if there is a non-toxic
substance  that can be deposited after the colony is removed to make the
location  unattractive to new swarms.

Would like to hear all your  ideas/experiences!

I have used Bee Go on a house cavity that was being investigated by scouts
and the bees went elsewhere.  The householder (who paid my for my trouble)
though the Bee Go smelt like Parmesan cheese.  I don't seem able to get Bee  Go
in the UK any more. Does anybody know of a source? It is useful for herding
swarms, even established colonies in cavities, but I wouldn't let it anywhere
near honey!

Chris