From:
Lloyd Spear <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Date:
Mon, 29 Sep 2008 14:28:27 -0400
James referred to the latest questionaire from Ag. and Markets...

Yes, you correctly referenced the wording.  'The Law' that was passed, with
no prior notice or discussion, authorized the Commissioner to issue
regulations.  The Commissioner has declined to do so, after receiving
petitions from the two groups serving most of the Commercial Beekeepers in
the state.  Those petitions asked him to not issue such regulations.

I considered the questionairre very misleading in that it implied (but did
not explicity state) that beekeepers were required by law to submit the
completed questionairre.  Note also that the cover material did not come
from the Director of Ag. and Markets, but instead from the Apiculturist.
Was that to provide 'cover' in case the Commissioner objected?

I urge each and every NYS member to write the Commissioner and repeat the
urging to not issue regulations.  Commissioner Patrick Hooker, 10B Airline
Drive, Albany NY 12235.

Aaron, can you give the List a reference to the proposed regulations, so
when they write the Commissioner they can make a specfic reference?  I can't
find them...

Lloyd
--
Lloyd Spear