From:
James Fischer <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Date:
Mon, 29 Sep 2008 13:26:18 -0400
> Thankfully, it appears that the present Commissioner of Ag.
> in NYS will not allow the Proposed Regulations to become effective.

"Proposed Regulations".... that's interesting.

Lloyd, please explain in more detail.  Registration forms
were distributed with language that gave the impression that
registration was mandatory and that the regulations were in
full force months ago.  Was that language premature?  Howso?

What I was sent, and what I distributed to the both the Long
Island beekeepers and Gotham City beekeepers was form PI-134,
dated 6/08, which says:

"In accordance with legislation passed in 2007,
beekeepers are required to provide the Department
contact information and apiary yard location data..."

If registration is not required by law, I am sure that there
are a number of people who would rather not register until
the law insists that they do so.