From:
Kershaw Jane <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 27 Aug 2008 10:48:36 -0500
Depends on what she's doing.  I don't advise moms to start with the
lactaid at first.  I suggest they see where they are at with an
outpatient assessment at 5-6 days.  Just get the baby going and follow
the baby successfully.  I am very pleased with a lot of moms with good
results after surgery but they need to be followed.  The advantage of
the SNS is it holds more formula and is better for older babies.  The
lactaid you have to buy more disposable bottles, has one tube, only
holds about 2.5 oz. Baby needs good suck for the lactaid. You can
manipulate level of the sns for babies with not so good suck to control
flow rate.  This is feedback from moms who've used both.