From:
Wendy Blumfield <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 3 Jun 2008 19:56:33 +0300
On both occasions that I attended lectures by Jack Newman, once in Israel as
a guest of La Leche and again in Glasgow where he addressed the NCT Annual
conference, he actually said that jaundice in the first three days was a
normal physiological condition - provided of course that it does not reach
severely elevated levels.  He said there should not be any rush to treat it
and healthy full-term babies should just be breastfed as much as possible so
that the colostrum would flush out the meconium.
That man talks such sense!!!
Wendy Blumfield
NCT ANT Tutor/BFC
Israel Childbirth Education Centre