From:
Maggie Payne <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 19 Aug 2008 12:36:56 EDT

Please help Oh Wise Ones!

This topic came up in conversation at a meeting. I have NEVER heard this  one
before. I have some biology background and don't think it's possible for any
kind of mammalian milk to be made without sugar. So I thought I'd pass it out
to  you wise women to see what you had to say.

" My sister spend 6 days in the hospital trying to nurse her youngest  DD.
She had great supply and the baby nursed well. Only problem was my nieces  blood
sugar would drop low every time she nursed. Once the nurse gave my niece  the
formula her blood sugar went normal. The dr had my sister pump and they
checked her milk. It was worthless because it had no sugar in it. My sister (and
me) have problems regulating our sugar. Her milk was just not useable. Her
older  DD would not nurse. Wouldn't latch on for more than a few mins. After
several  weeks of fighting with it she gave up and used formula. After the 2nd
baby they  figured that the oldest one knew something was wrong and that is why
she  wouldn't take the milk. So formula saved both of my nieces lives."

SIGH

Peace,
Maggie Payne, LLLL

Dream Now so that your children Learn to  Dream for Tomorrow

deal here.