From:
nandan fogelman <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 19 Jun 2008 06:30:13 +0200
Hello Friends,
Another drug question.  I posted a letter to Dr. Hale but haven't received
an answer.
I am working with a woman who suffers from a rare form of skin cancer.  She
has been off her medications to nurse her baby but has to go back on -
today!  She takes 1.5 mg of methotrexate a week by shot.  Her son is a year
old and weighs 7 kilos.  She would like to be able to nurse him once a day.
She has mostly weaned him but there are still some nursings that he has not
been able to give up and the mother doesn't want to give it up either.
The information I have read is conflicting.  In my ancient old Hale, he
makes it sound possible but on his website he suggests to everyone a waiting
period of 4 days between taking the med and breastfeeding.  If anyone has
some info, I would greatly appreciate it.
Thank you so much,
Chayn In Israel where we still hang the sheets (and everything else) out to
dry