From:
Bill Truesdell <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 11 Jun 2008 17:07:06 -0400
Ruth Rosin wrote:

> Your adulation of Tom Seeley may be somewhat misplaced.

For those new to the list, the threads on dance language are always fun as long as you are an observer, since
the flames can get quite hot. Like watching a tennis match in hell. Post at your own risk.

However, I do get a bit upset when a person who practices excellent science is scoffed at and belittled. I had
the pleasure of listening to Tom Seeley at the Maine State beekeepers meeting this past April when he discussed
his experiments with swarms and how they locate their next home. It was an exceptional experiment and his
finding were the same.

I can understand those who wish to discredit him since he showed the dance language is the basis for sending
other bees to different possible homes. But how it is all done is what is important. The dance language is a
fundamental part, but it is the whole of the experiment and his findings which are truly amazing.

He is owed an apology- but when it comes to arguments on dance language, I will not hold my breath waiting to
see one.

For all, I suggest you pop a few Prozac and sit back and watch the fur fly.

Bill Truesdell
Bath, Maine