Condense Mail Headers

Sender:
From:
Rachel Myr <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 27 Jun 2008 20:28:16 +0200
The first and last paragraphs of the rapid response I wrote, were edited out
for the paper journal, making my last post a bit meaningless.  Here are the
missing paragraphs, including the one with the link to the Malta pps file.
Sorry about that.  Personally I thought my letter was better before the
editing but then I guess every editor has heard that one a million times!
Rachel

First paragraph:
 The short piece on the common features of the obesity epidemic and climate
change disappointed me in that one very simple environmentally friendly
behavior, breastfeeding, was not mentioned specifically. We have the
knowledge needed to shift the average weight of the entire population
downward, placing a measurably lower proportion of people at risk for
overweight and obesity, at the same time that natural resources would be
used far more effectively to provide nutrition for the youngest children.
The environmental and economic effects of implementing existing World Health
Organization goals for nutrition of infants and young children would be
completely on the desired side of the equation. These goals are published
here: http://www.who.int/nutrition/topics/global_strategy/en/index.html

Last paragraph:
It would be so refreshing not to have to remind the health care community of
these things at every turn of the way but some of us are prepared to keep
sending responses like this as long as they are needed. If you like snappy
graphics, the Malta Breastfeeding Foundation made a downloadable
presentation on the occasion of World Environment Day June 5 about infant
feeding and the environment. It is freely available at
http://www.babymilkaction.org/pdf/mbfwed08.pps