From:
Kershaw Jane <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 3 Jun 2008 08:51:32 -0500
It has to do with design especially with larger, heavier breasts.  There
are still front snap bras around, but moms with larger breasts don't
find them as supportive and they can sometimes unsnap on their own!
Interestingly enough, many years ago when I went from a 34 aa to a 34f
of which there were none available, I bought a regular bra made by a
company called Sculptress.  It had a support band under the breast
tissue, not wire, and consisted of a frame and cover which hooked at the
top with something like a bathing suit hook.  It provided great support,
but was awkward to unhook.  Back then, these were the only choices for
women above a dd!