Reply To:
Lactation Information and Discussion <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 22 Apr 2008 09:14:20 -0400
Content-Type:
text/plain
Parts/Attachments:
text/plain (24 lines)
Could those of you who breastfed during pregnancy engage in an exercise with me?

Get a piece of paper and a pen, then sit quietly somewhere, close your eyes, and spend a couple minutes just "being pregnant."  Remember the shape of your body, the tiredness, the glow, your daily routine at that time, the anticipation.  Just try to put yourself in that pregnancy again.  Really, spend a couple minutes getting into that place before continuing the exercise.  

Now imagine your nursling crawling into your lap, lifting your shirt, and starting to feed. 

Now open your eyes and write down the first 5 to 10 words that describe your feelings during the feeding.  Think about your nipple and breast, the mouth and position, your thoughts, and especially your emotions.  Really try to *be* there again.  (This'll be easy for those of you who *are* pregnant and nursing.)  

Send me the list of words.  I'll tell you later what this is all about.  But I need for those of you who do this to do it seriously and to take a few minutes to do it.  Don't just sit down and write the words.  Get there first. 

Diane Wiessinger, MS, IBCLC, LLLL  Ithaca, NY  USA
www.normalfed.com  

Archives: http://community.lsoft.com/archives/LACTNET.html
To reach list owners: [log in to unmask]
Mail all list management commands to: [log in to unmask]
COMMANDS:
1. To temporarily stop your subscription write in the body of an email: set lactnet nomail
2. To start it again: set lactnet mail
3. To unsubscribe: unsubscribe lactnet
4. To get a comprehensive list of rules and directions: get lactnet welcome

ATOM RSS1 RSS2