From:
Donna Brown <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 17 Mar 2008 09:54:47 -0400
Good morning.

I am in need of some help. I am working with a 3rd time mom who is once
again struggling to get a milk supply established.
After her 1st baby, she had a hemorhage, but was able to continue
breastfeeding for a full year-with no supplements.
No hemorhage after the 2nd baby--but very little milk and used a SNS with at
least half of the baby's calories coming from the SNS.
The third baby-born by c-section--big, healthy boy-nursed vigorously in the
RR, excellent latch--no milk! He lost nearly 10% in the first two days and it
continued so the SNS was once again started to control weight loss.
He continues to nurse frequently and vigorously but mom has minimal milk. She
is using fenugreek, domperidone and brewer's yeast.
Is there anything else we can try/investigate other than thyroid and prolactin
levels? she is willing to accept the 'no milk' issue but really would like a reason
for it.
thanks for your help!
Donna-LC