Condense Mail Headers

Sender:
From:
"Robin Roots,Rn Ibclc" <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 20 Jun 2008 01:20:22 -0400
Yes Morgan you are correct, I got the study from a pharmasist who is from
the Middle east.   He said the study came from Iran.  I would love to show
you the study..All the pages..  Unless this is the same study as previously
noted.

It was published in April 19 2007  International Breastfeeding journal 2007, 2:7

This article is available from
http://www.internationalbreastfeedingjournal.com/content/2/1/7

The study does state that moms put the 'water" on after feeds and wipe it off
before feeding again.  And yes the concentration must be correct.  He said he
would have to compound the proper ingredients.  In this case i would not
want someone running out and buying peppermint water and use ad lib.  I just
thought he was being thoughtful and you all may have experienced (as you
did) before.
Each person needs to be responsible for using anything we post here.  Pure
menthol is poisonous and should never be taken internally.  It is important not
to confuse oil and tincture preparations.

Please do your own research on this as well as other things that come across
from time to time.

Please remember this study came about as a group of women from
AZarbayejan Province, Norht west of Iran, who had used  natural remedies
and peppermint and its oil are uses extensively in foods and drugs.  I'm sure
by trial and error long ago they found that small amts of pepperment water
soothed an acky tummy of an infant.  And it went on from there.
I would be happy to fax the entire study to anyone who wants it.  It may just
be a mute point, there are quite a few "natural" things women can try besides
peppermint water.  It was of interest to me, because this pharamist can
compound it for me, using the proper ratio, as they did in the study.  I say no
evidence in this study that babies were refusing the breast after moms used
the peppermint water.

best,
robin