From:
randy oliver <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 19 Feb 2008 20:32:52 -0800
>Someone else responded, "yada yada like they even spec US honey in their
product ... this kind of "greenwashing" is now common place in many many US
manfacturers of food or whatever."

Yes, it is common, but before painting all with the same brush, the facts
are easy to confirm.

To their credit, Haagen Dazs approached me and several others to field media
requests in order to have someone who actually knew something about
beekeeping answer reporters questions.

I did ask them the source of the honey, since I considered the implications
(although upon consultation with others, I would likely have taken Aaron's
"graciously accept the donation" position).

To set the record straight, they use clover honey from North and South
Dakota, U.S.A.  I suggested that they say so on their next printing of the
label.

Randy Oliver