From:
Kershaw Jane <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 1 May 2008 15:57:19 -0500
This doesn't sound like an augmentation, more like a breast reduction or
a breast lift.  Augmentations usually involve insertion of a saline or
silicone implant through the areola, belly button, armpit or incision
under the breast in the mammary fold. These are more fraught with
issues, but it "might" be that the nipple was only incised at the areola
and lifted from the tissue leaving the ducts attached.  The only way you
can know for sure is to see the operative report from the surgery.