Date:
Tue, 11 Sep 2007 09:16:01 EDT

Julie says:

<<The problem is that some  nipples tend to swell a little after pumping for
about 5 minutes and the size  that they start off as is not usually the size
that they end up with! I have had  to change the pump horns several times with
some patients. The hospital have  absorbed the cost until now but will soon
start charging $7 a pair.The actual  pump kit is not charged for. Some women
have two different size horns and after  trying several sizes the cost is going
to add up! No insurance is going to pay  for items not used.>>

My suggestion is that if there is  ANY question, you start with the Extra
large flange -- a 30 mm -- rather than  trying the 24, then the 27, then the 30.
It won't hurt to have one a bit  too big rather than one that is too small.
The only time you'd really have  to change is if the 30 is too small and you
need the 36, which would be unusual,  most likely.  Then you don't waste her
money....

Jan  Barger
Wheaton IL USA
_Lactation Education  Consultants_