Condense Mail Headers

Sender:
From:
Karleen Gribble <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 19 Dec 2007 12:56:03 +1100
It is the advertising of feeding bottles to the general public that Medela
is doing that breaches the code.  Medela are well aware of the issue.

Article 2. Scope of the Code

The Code applies to the marketing, and practices related thereto, of the

following products: breast-milk substitutes, including infant formula; other
milk

products, foods and beverages, including bottlefed complementary foods, when

marketed or otherwise represented to be suitable, with or without
modification, for

use as a partial or total replacement of breast milk; feeding bottles and
teasts. It also

applies to their quality and availability, and to information concerning
their use.

Article 5. The general public and mothers

5.1 There should be no advertising or other form of promotion to the general
public

of products within the scope of this Code.

Karleen Gribble
Australia