From:
RUTH BACON <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sat, 3 Nov 2007 10:46:07 -0400
Had a Mom last year whose doc prescribed "no more breastfeeding" and I
never met
such a sad mom and toddler. Very very frustrating.

When a Mom is told to let baby 'cry it out' I point her in the direction
of 'cortisol'(google)
Interesting thing about too much cortisol is that it can lead to heart
disease. I think there
is research quoted on this page. Too much stress is definitely not good
for babies or moms.

As for the solids, don't know of any research but had one of my own who
would not take
anything much from 6-12 months except breastmilk. My own very supportive
doc would
test her hemoglobin levels about once a month and tell me not to worry.

Ruth Bacon   Ontario