Condense Mail Headers

Sender:
Date:
Mon, 5 Nov 2007 18:07:43 -0500
7bit
From:
"Dia L. Michels" <[log in to unmask]>
Comments:
Hey everyone,

I want to share some really exciting news!  As we know, when cosleeping is
covered in the press, it is usually in a negative light with stern warnings
against it.  Well, the tide seems to be turning...

First Jim McKenna, author of "Sleeping With Your Baby: A Parent's Guide to
Cosleeping," ** published by me ** was featured in his local newspaper.  The
South Bend Tribune did a huge two-page spread on Jim's work stating that
empirical research supported cosleeping.  See
http://www.southbendtribune.com/apps/pbcs.dll/article?AID=/20070919/Lives/70
9190462/1047/Lives.

Then, a reporter at the New York Times saw the book and interviewed Jim in
an article called,  "Shhh...My Child Is Sleeping (in My Bed, Um, With Me)."
The article can be found at
http://www.nytimes.com/2007/10/23/health/23well.html?_r=2
<http://www.nytimes.com/2007/10/23/health/23well.html?_r=2&em=&en=35d&ex=119
3284800&oref=slogin&pagewanted=all&oref=login>
&em=&en=35d&ex=1193284800&oref=slogin&pagewanted=all&oref=login.

Well...  no sooner did this happen, that Jim got a call from "The Morning
Show with Mike and Juliet."  You guessed it!  He appeared LIVE on the show
this morning (the show airs on Fox News channels nationwide).  The segment,
on debunking cosleeping myths, was produced by a mom who is breastfeeding
and sleeping with her 8-month-old. Jim was up against three women, a child
psychologist who felt that any and all cosleeping was unacceptable and that
all cosleeping was inherently sexual, a pediatrician who felt that nurturing
should happen in the daytime while nighttime is for learning independence,
and an Ob/Gyn who felt that cosleeping was acceptable and even desirable in
certain cases.  Jim did great -- pointing out the value judgments inherent
in the myths spouted by the experts and stating that children nurtured both
in daytime and nighttime grow up to be more independent than those left to
fend for themselves half their lives.  Mike and Juliet, the hosts, were
excellent, with Mike stating that he didn't see why 8-year-olds should be
expected to be independent.  You can watch the show at
http://www.mandjshow.com/videos/co-sleeping-with-your-child/.

It is SO NICE to be sharing good news with everyone and not asking everyone
to get out their pens and write protest letters against some article stating
that cosleeping is inevitably harmful.

Thanks for letting me share.  Let's keep the positive thoughts flowing!

 - Dia

Dia L. Michels
Platypus Media -- Books for Families, Teachers and Parenting Professionals
627 A Street, NE
Washington, DC 20002
202-546-1674
Toll-free: 1-877-PLATYPS (1-877-872-8977)
Fax: 202-546-2356
www.PlatypusMedia.com