From:
Terri Klein <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 16 Oct 2007 15:08:27 -0400
Thank you all for your input. I took out the sentence that offering a bottle
after breastfeeding has been established one or two bottles a day should be
ok. I also included from suggestion, WHO recommendations regarding
powdered infant formula. Our hospital only gives liquid ready to feed. but there
is powdered formula in the breastfeeding support gift bags. I have not been
successful in getting rid of the gift bags. We are going through a renovation
and with all the noise, interuptions and chaos, our director and staff want to
give away to keep our satisfaction scores. Don't make me go here.
This isn't written in stone yet. It is just drawn up will need approval by
another CLC, director, physicians and staff before it is policy. I just want
something in the interum besides the regular consent form that is used.
Terri Klein
RN, CLE, CLC