From:
Linda Anderegg <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 1 Aug 2007 11:09:35 -0500
I encourage all US Lactnetters to post comments to ABC's The View regarding
their negative comments about breastfeeding this AM.  They attacked Mayor
Bloomberg's banning of formula samples in the hospital and accused him of
denying women a choice (sound familiar?).  Joy Behar had positive comments
about breastfeeding as usual but Elisabeth and Barbara stepped over the line
once again.  What a conflict of interest considering Elisabeth was (or is?)
the paid spokesperson for a formula company.  Barbara thought it was another
example of government going too far.  I sent an email to all three (a
positive one to Joy).  The show is still airing as I write so I don't know
if their conversation will actually be posted.  The lead-in to the
conversation from Elisabeth was something along the lines of "Today starts,
I think, World Breastfeeding Week, or something."

Did anyone catch ABC's Good Morning America's piece on extended
breastfeeding earlier this week?  The story is posted with some
modifications but with the same inaccuracies as the original airing.  It
deserves comment to the producers as well.

Happy World Breastfeeding Week and congratulations to all of us who made it
through the exam!

Linda Anderegg, BSN, RNC, IBCLC in Chicago watching too much TV on my
vacation