Date:
Wed, 10 Oct 2007 09:48:34 +0100

>Is there any way to convince her to get rid of all of the bags, and not keep
>any on our floor. Suggestions would be appreciated!
>
>Thanks,
>Brenda Phipps, BS, IBCLC

Good luck with your meeting, Brenda.

Your director may be receptive to the notion that the bags advertise
only one brand, so as well as promoting formula  and undermining
breastfeeding (which is why you want to get rid of them) they are
giving the hospital's approval to this one brand, without any
evidence it is 'better' than any other brand.  Formula feeding
mothers should be free to choose a formula on health grounds, not
because they have been persuaded  by marketing activity.

It is a 'selling point' that the unit will refuse to allow its
mothers to be used as a  commercial 'audience' for a branded product.

Heather Welford Neil
NCT bfc, tutor, UK