Date:
Mon, 8 Oct 2007 13:26:01 -0500
> best way to reach an adamant non-breastfeeder?

Walk away.  I say this from personal experience, with a mom in my
former church.  THREE other women called me after the baby was born,
trying to convince me of my Christian duty to persuade this mom to
breastfeed.  What happened was mom felt so much pressure to bf, that
she wouldn't be seen with a bottle.  Just used a paci when around other
people.  And didn't breastfeed, either.  This added up to starving the
baby, at which point she decided she didn't have enough milk and
"resorted" to the bottle.

She knows who you are and how to find you.  She is set up for a tough
birth and tough postpartum, but I don't think that reason or arguments
will reach her where she is right now.  Just be ready to be there
later, even if that means after child #2.  You're in a tough spot, and
it may really hurt you to see where her choices take her.

Lynn in MO