From:
Royce Anderson <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 24 Aug 2007 12:58:28 -0500
I have a friend; actually he is a Youth Minister @ my church.  He and his
wife had twins on Monday. She is a G2 P3, amazingly both babe's were vag
deliveries. The babes (6 lbs, 38 weeks) were sent home with mom.  They are
OF COURSE supplementing with a bottle b/c that is where our hospitals are
now.  They don't have a clue and they all staff with RN IBCLC's.

I just talked to the dad he said mom's milk was just now coming in & her
nipples are sore.  He also shared that she had probs with 1st babe. They
called the lactation dept @ the hospital and one of the LC's told her to
"POWER-PUMP!"  So per suggestion she is pumping with a PNS for 10 minutes
EVERY HOUR!  Has anyone heard of such a thing?  I encouraged her to drop
back to every 2-3 hrs, and then pump for four-five minutes AFTER she sees
the last of the milk in the flanges.

Was I wrong? Are there LC's correctly telling moms to SUPER-PUMP?

TIA,
Royce

What you permit, you promote

Royce Anderson