HISTARCH Archives

HISTORICAL ARCHAEOLOGY

HISTARCH@COMMUNITY.LSOFT.COM

Date:
Wed, 8 Aug 2007 03:06:08 EDT
Since a lot of the information passed on through HISTARCH is the sort of
thing you might hear around a SHA bar table, I have a tale to impart that I
heard at a Pecos Conference in Tucson, Arizona from the late  Paul H. Ezell. He
claimed the source of red glass projectile points in a  particular part of
Arizona were red glass telegraph pole insulators. He read  an account that
described an incident in which an Apache climbed a  telegraph pole and chipped the red
glass insulators off to be used as cores. I  no longer recall the other men
at the table, but several claimed seeing red  glass flakes, core fragments and
projectiles. Has anyone else here in this room  heard that tale?

Ron May
Legacy 106, Inc.