Condense Mail Headers

Sender:
From:
"Jenny Thomas, MD, IBCLC" <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 10 Aug 2007 11:27:37 -0400
Hey all,

Nausea and emesis and very complicated symptoms of something else.  The
are not usually diseases unto themselves.

I guess I would like to know if this response happens with other situations in
which oxytocin might be released.  If it's not, it's not the MER causing the
problem.

Vomiting can be a conditioned reflex- to sounds, smells, stress.  Almost
anything.  What may have started as an illness may now be a conditioned
response to a situation.  (As a much less serious example-- I got really sick
when I was a kid on a day where we were making caramel apples.  I can't look
at the things without getting sick now!)  Now that it's happened for a few
weeks, just the thought of the let down may be making her feel sick.

The first step is to evaluate the hypothesis, which is that the MER (oxytocin)
is the culprit.  Does it happen in other oxytocin-releasing situations?

Jenny Thomas
www.drjen4kids.com