From:
Liora Levin <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 2 Aug 2007 17:29:32 -0400
Hello,
My daughter had her first child about five years ago.She had a complete
placenta previa and had a c-section on her 34 week of pregnancy because
she have started bleeding.About two hours after the operation, she had an
excessive hemorrhage and diagnozed for DIC.She got a lot of blood transfusion
and a lot of IV fluids.She was under anesthesia for about 12 hours.I thought I
will never see her again.When they waked her up, she started to breastfeed,
but there was only a little milk supply.She started to breastfeeding and
pumping for a month with a very small supply so she gave up with a great
sadness.
Three years later she had another baby boy in a normal delivery without any
medications.I was there for helping her.She started to breasfeed in an hour
after the birth and continued with a great success.She had a lot of milk supply.
She had exclussive breastfeeding for 6 months and then with solid food until
one year.
I think the reason for the lack of milk supply in the first time was because of
the DIC and the excessive blood loss.
Liora Levin, RN, Midwife and three days after the IBLCE exam(hope to pass it).