From:
Melissa Vickers <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 30 Jul 2007 07:30:25 -0500
Laura and others--

For the record, it wasn't food poisoning that hit so many of the LLLI
attendees. It may have been a food-borne illness (most likely norovirus),
but it was definitely NOT food poisoning. Food poisoning is not contagious.

The Chicago Health Dept has been investigating and asked all attendees (sick
or not) to complete an online survey to try to nail down how this nightmare
might have gotten started.

Whatever it was, it was NOT fun.

Melissa Vickers (who got sick on the way home, whose traveling partner got
sick 2 days later, and whose non-conf attending husband ended up with it a
day after that)