Condense Mail Headers

Sender:
Date:
Wed, 10 Oct 2007 22:45:56 -0500
7bit
From:
laurie wheeler <[log in to unmask]>
Comments:
Hi Kim
Before I got to the end I was thinking poor attachment at the breast. The
clicking is a clue that this might be the case, and perhaps a tongue tie or
other anatomical variation like high palate. This is the first thing I would
investigate. How often does baby nurse? Is access totally unrestricted? I
also thought about oversupply and that her breasts are just not getting
drained well. She says she has overactive milk ejection, so that often goes
with oversupply. These are the things I would be working on. In my
experience, early mastitis goes with tongue tie and poor attachment to the
breast.
It seems the baby may need diflucan prescription, if it is truly thrush, as
nystatin and gentian have not resolved it. I think I would ask the mom to
just stay the course with the diflucan, and get the baby treated at the same
time, and not do all the ointments and vinegars etc. I wonder about her diet
and general health. Does she eat alot of whole foods or lots of processed
and quick or fast food meals? Increase her intake of good wholesome foods,
whole grains, greens, beans, and fruits and veggies. Could she have
diabetes? Or just be run down, anemic?
Laurie Wheeler RN MN IBCLC
Mississippi USA