Date:
Wed, 16 May 2007 10:21:42 -0400
Good morning all,

I'm 10 weeks pregnant and trying to gather some information in case
this, my 3rd baby, gets it's daddy's blood type like the first two did
and we have jaundice issues.

I am planning another home birth but do not, under any circumstances,
want to go to the hospital.  I was treated very, very poorly after
both births (#1 was at the hospital and we stayed 6 horrible days
postpartum; #2 was at home but we were admitted on day 2 and released
on day 5) and will assume any amount of personal debt to avoid being
admitted.

If anyone knows of agencies or providers of rental units for bili-
light units (blanket is good), I'd appreciate hearing about them.  I
live in Orange County, NY but will arrange for transport if there is
distance involved.

We are of course hoping this baby gets mamma's blood instead and there
is no issue at all...but after my last two horrific experiences (and
my OB calling me "crazy" twice yesterday at my 10-week visit, once for
planning another homebirth and once for continuing to breastfeed my
son, now 2 years and 8 months old), I just want to have some resources
on hand so I can handle the care of my newborn myself.

I will have no problem getting my pediatrician on board if a
prescription is required.

Thanks for any help you can offer,
Diana in NY