From:
Bob Harrison <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 17 May 2007 10:06:45 -0500
Dee,
To me it seems your bees to not fit into the common knowledge of what has
been written about AHB in North America. Allen Dick told me your bees were
not any different than other bees he had worked. Until his visit I wondered.
I know Allen does not  like his name used but is in archives and what he
said on the list. Allen is the only person I know of which has seen your
hives.

I really don't know what to say other than your bees do not seem to fit the
mold of AHB.

In *west* Texas in areas of AHB my friends say they kill about one in 50-60
hives a year because of being so hot. However in the place most winter in
east Texas ( Carthage south to Jasper) many say they winter, make splits
using queen cells and never see hot hives.

I am afraid the common knowledge about AHB constant swarming and absconding
should be taken as fact. Dr. Orley Taylor spent five years researching AHB
in Mexico and what he reported.

Bob

--
believed to be clean.