Condense Mail Headers

Sender:
Date:
Thu, 3 May 2007 10:49:29 -0400
7bit
From:
From my personal experience:  I lost my first baby at 20 weeks.  Was BF my
25 mo.  when I found out I was pregnant.  I had been on bedrest when
pregnant with this toddler because I started vaginal bleeding @ 8 weeks. I
was in the hospital and on an  IV alcohol drip @ 16 weeks for pre-term
labor (prior to Trebutaline use and living out of the country) and
continued bedrest until 38 weeks so I was encouraged to wean Amanda before
I got to 20 weeks.  This happened with baby number 3 also. I did seem to
go into pre-term labor with the last two at about 20-24 weeks but bedrest
and hypnotism (I was not going to repeat the po alcohol and was at risk
with the Trebutaline self-hypnosis was worth a try) I made it to 37+ to 38
weeks. Both OB's felt that my continuing to BF and slowly wean would not
cause a miscarriage.  To tell you the truth I believe they based there
recommendations on anecdotal experiences and since it was what I wanted to
hear I did not push for any peer reviewed research.

Ann G. Cagigas, RN, MA
GSA Health Unit,  Room 1010
1800 F St., NW
Washington, DC 20405