From:
Kathy Eng <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sat, 4 Aug 2007 13:54:38 -0500
Just a reminder and question  about the script -- that script is
provided by Medela who is paying you the fee to speak in August? Correct?

BRU does not have a script on their own -- the lady at the store we
speak at says the script she reads is from Medela. She was doing a
monthly class on "breastfeeding" that she said was written by Medela and
she really just promotes the products. We questioned what this class was
when we provided one every month for them for free as volunteer Leaders
and felt why were we doing this if they had something else also. But
because this store employee had listened to the LLL lecture month after
month, she said she added stuff that we said and said her script was
product oriented! We now have a new employee in charge that doesn't seem
as interested in breastfeeding as the last one so who knows what is
being said. Seems a shame to have the store employee teaching a class on
pumps and products. Moms assume these people actually know something.

But back to the August script, read your contract to see if accepting
the fee means you read their script only.

Kathy Eng, BSW, IBCLC