From:
Dick Marron <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 27 Mar 2007 08:45:16 -0400
Peter Edwards wrote:

>>>Is the problem here simply excessive use of oxalic acid - and using it at
the wrong time of year?<<<

I was sublimating it. (Heating the powder) I've done this for years now
without incident and good mite drops. This system is not as detrimental to
the bees. I agree with the wrong time of year. I waited too late expecting a
fall crop. Had I been home I'd have treated in Aug. Bob Harrison wrote on
this list that if you don't clean them up in Aug, you are going to lose
bees. SO: clean them up in early spring, then 2x in Aug or so will be my
schedule. Any comments?

Dick Marron