From:
Dick Marron <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 26 Mar 2007 16:59:11 -0400
Brian wrote:

> [...]
and when.<<<<<<<

 If you don't know the details of a CCD hit by now you haven't been reading
enough.

 Only some of the details match my problems.

 >>>so far your post is the same vague information we have heard already.
<<<<

What's vague about 15 dead of 15? That's a CCD thing. Whole yards gone.

Nothing, unless they are yours.

To tell the truth I don't really believe it.

>>>I think the list would be very interested to hear your story.<<<

I don't really think so. But: 15 hives looked fine in spring. Some early
splits some old hives and 2 packages. Treated all by sublimating O/A.
Harvested honey in July. Mite drops low. 0 to 20 per day. Went hunting etc
and came back in late sept. No more crop and mite counts too high. 20 to 50
a day. Treated the same way and again in a few weeks. Fed sugar syrup. They
seemed not to take it. Nov. I found several (4/5) weak with: VERY SMALL
CLUSTERS, A QUEEN AND NO BEES IN THE HIVE. I cleaned up the deadouts and
spread the unused honey around. Then I went to FL to pay attention to the
new CCD thing. Home in late Feb, I found most of them dead. Some had dead
bees on the bottom board-most of them did not. They died in the midst of
stores and in small clusters. One colony remains. No dead bees in the hive
about 1 frame of bees, no brood. They are dying.

I don't claim it's CCD. In answer to your query I told about my losses.
Reread your reaction to my post and you will find another reason why people
with losses don't post. They get jumped on. Your fingers are already
twitching over the keys to tell me what killed my bees and what I should
have done differently. Maybe not.

Dick Marron