From:
The Fogelmans <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 15 Mar 2007 10:53:09 +0200
Shalom Friends,

I recently ran across this in the Jerusalem Post, and English language daily.  It is written by Asher Meir a research director at the Business Ethics Center of Jerusalem, and independent institute in the Jerusalem College of Technology.  It is about the proposed new code of ethics for Knesset members. (the Knesset is our parliament in Israel).  I couldn't help but notice how this applied to the SOP as well.  He starts out by criticizing the fact that the code is being drafted by an outside committee as opposed to Knesset members, besides being undemocratic, he states:

"When codes of conduct are drafted by outsiders, they tend to lack relevance, and even if they are well drafted they tend to suffer from a lack of legitimacy and acceptance, which is profoundly counter productive."

Perhaps he should write to IBLCE.

Be Well,
Chayn in Israel