From:
Diana Cassar-Uhl <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 23 May 2007 15:53:41 -0400

Sharon,

I was told not to ingest any peanut products for the duration of
breastfeeding and any subsequent pregnancies.  Also, that any subsequent
children/sibs of the allergic one should avoid nut proteins until after the
3rd birthday.

I did find that I could slowly introduce small amounts (like 2 oz.) of hard
cheeses or cultured dairy products first, after baby's first year.  More
than that caused a rash on my babies' faces and bottoms.  I avoided eggs
completely (even in baked goods) until the 2nd birthday (found a great vegan
chocolate cake recipe!).  We had no trouble with soy but I only ate it in
moderation.

I hope this helps.  I try to offer support in the form of suggestions to the
mother of what she can eat, since she is so focused on what she can't.  The
natural foods store locally is terrific and has so many fun and intersting
options that are allergen-free.
Diana in NY