Date:
Tue, 19 Dec 2006 15:59:27 +0200
Hi Cathy and all,
I had one interesting case, where a mom who actually had had breast
reduction, was so absolutely positive that she was going to have enough
milk, and just rejected my suggestion of pumping and supplementing from the
start due to poor test weights, had a very very fussy baby.
She went to a local alternative practitioner who uses the pendulum for
checking food allergies or sensitivities in the baby, and they discovered
that honey was the culprit. As soon as the mom, who normally consumed a fair
amount of honey each day, ceased using honey, the baby improved practically
overnight.
I learned a few things from this mom and baby, the possibility of honey
being a culprit, and that a determined mom like this, and probably a very
good surgeon, enable them to breastfeed totally and exclusively for the
duration of the bfg experience - which at a year and a half is still
continuing.!!

Rgds,
Ellen shein, IBCLC LLLI
Tel Aviv - which is still really sunny - the rain just doesn't want to come!